Sunday 15 July 2012

Corset culture: Kylie

Today a friend posted a video of Kylie Minogue's 'Get Outta My Way' on my face book wall :check out the gold corset. So I did. It was just the thing I needed today....some inspiration on a magnificent scale. Have a look, it's amazing.


 And because I'm so lovely to you all I thought I would share my favourite Kylie corsets with you.

This Mr Pearl number has a special place in my heart because I was asked to re-create it for a friend of mine for her 40th birthday. Mr Pearl is also one of my corset hero's. I think that Mr Pearl has made quite a few of Kylie's tour corsets including a pink version of the showgirl corset. The beauty of the corset is that it is so tight to the body that you can load it with gems and crystals and feathers and it is strong enough to take the load.

Kylie has also had some amazing corsets from other illustrious Haute Couture Designers, this one is from Jean Paul Gaultier...

And finally back to a beautiful gold number by New York based designers The Blonds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...