Friday 20 January 2012

Torture Garden is rocking up in two days

So, two days until TG. I have to fit my costume making around my normal work...which is why this blog always seems to be the last thing I do before I go to bed.

After much deliberation, and redesigning in my head I am finally nearing a conclusion. I had about 3 different finishing detail idea's floating around my head and only decided tonight which one I wanted to do the most. I tend to find that I have to pin lots of stuff to the dummy and visually work it out. When I am not contained within a clients design parameters things tend to evolve as they are going along. Although I usually have some idea about where I'm headed design-wise, I'm happy to experience those light bulb moments as they come along.

So here is where I am at now: corset now has lacing at the back so we can truly see what shape it will form the body into. And I have really gone for a military formal style with the details. I'm really enjoying the sand coloured coutil with the black denim. I was going to do that in brown leather, but I wanted more contrast.


So...this will be finished by tomorrow night, rivits and all. Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...