Sunday 1 January 2012

Devil is in the details

So, yesterday was all about resolving some design issues. Although I love fan lacing I think it isn't right for the one I am working on. I was just looking at it for ages and it just seemed too busy...and not in a good way. So I had to think about re-working this idea. Sometimes design is just like that...

I have also been working on some detailing idea's inspired by the video I found on youtube and posted in New skills to try  and the black lace cocktail dress in a step closer to product . I'm trying to acheive a lace applique and sequin layered flower. I want it to be all black but I want the texture and quality of the materials to make it interesting and give it depth.
It's really hard to see unfortunatly how much detail is in there, which is a bit disappointing. Maybe that's a lesson in itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...