Sunday 20 October 2013

Favourite Strictly Come Dancing Dresses 19 Oct 2013

It is crazy that I haven't done a post about this sooner, given that I am such a ballroom dancing fan. I remember watching little girls on the ballroom floor at Butlins with their amazing feathered and sequinned dresses and being denied such an experience.

I am torn between two dresses from yesterday, this gorgeous dress worn by Sophie Ellis-Bexter:

This is such an elegant shape, and the colour toning is stunning. The materials alone for that dress must have been a small fortune: Chrisanne make the gowns for Strictly, and are well known suppliers of ballroom dance materials as well as making dresses. They have outdone themselves with this one.


And this one worn by Abby Clancy, which at first glance I wasn't sure about, but when it moved it was sublime. I love the way the layers of chiffon ruffles whirled around like they were red mist: captivating! My only problem with this is that the chiffon overlay on the bodice disguises all the work on the bodice...which might be spectacular but I just can't see it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...