Saturday 14 April 2012

London Alternative Fashion Week Diary

So....only a few days now until the catwalk show.

Today I set up my rail, lined up eight hangers and proceeded to start getting the clothes on the rack just to take stock of where I am. It's really weird doing a show like this because it's beyond anything else I do on a day to day basis. The logistics and co-ordination required has had me so tired that finishing the actual clothes making seems like about 25% of the whole effort. In fact it also highlights that I still have a great deal to do, even at this stage.

It's raining outside, which feels kinda peaceful. It's nearly midnight and everyone else is asleep...and as I look at how much work I have got done (not including the 3 commissioned wedding dresses and other various client projects I am simultaneously working on) I feel quite at peace with what I have achieved so far. The last of my fabrics for those last minute garments arrived this morning and tomorrow I have to transform them into something wonderous.

Sometimes I feel like I have bitten off more than I can chew....but that's the spirit eh? Aim high...and be determined and somehow it cannot fail.

Night all...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...