Monday 20 October 2008

The night before the fashion show... 18th October 2008

15 hours after I started work today, about midnight and I'm sat looking at the work so far and there is still so much I want to do. This is my third breather today so I'm taking the opportunity to scribble down what's going through my head right now.

I don't carry much 'stock' in my studio, since pretty much everything I do is bespoke. So that pretty much means that in the last few weeks I've known about this show I've been busting a gut to get some good work done for the show. Which for me has meant designing and making 4 outfits within an unusually short time frame.

Since last Monday I've made 3 outfits from scratch, with some older pieces getting a spruce up. I've had lots of help from Arwen, whom without this feat would not have been possible, who has been cutting and hand sewing diligently while I've been chained to my machine. For, as well as the show workload I still have to keep my business running and do my clients work. I feel a bit like a stufed toy right now - but without the stuffing.
Looking at one of my creations now and I can't decide what to do with it next. It's going to be a 3am decision ( I can feel it coming!). Since I spend much of my time designing for clients with their aesthetic in mind I've found it very hard to put my own design head back on.

Mental brick wall. Tidying the studio might clear my mind a bit.

Half an hour later - still tidying.

Leaving the studio at 2am. Still have beading to do tomorow morning before dropping off the clothes to the Usual Suspects. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...