Thursday 12 September 2013

I have just found a great tutorial on making leather roses, find it here: leather rose tutorial . 

So I have been using this tutorial whilst I hone and perfect the craft of making leather flowers for decorations for a corset I am making for the Orphans International fashion show.

Here was my first rose. I have to admit that instead of downloading the PDF template provided in the blog I instead chose to make my own as I am a quick flow girl and I wanted to just get on with it. But as you can see it has resulted in an uneven rose that jumps in size from layer to layer so next time I have a go I will make a more even template...even making a different size for each layer that will hopefully result in a more fluid sized rose.

Well, in all it's glory:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...