Friday, 6 May 2011

Engineerium project

Today I have made headway into my Engineerium project. Fabric has been ordered, sequins have arrived.

I am now starting the technical side: pattern cutting the corset. Today I have made a block for my dress form and drawn up the main features of the structure of my corset, see below:
I always find it useful to photograph my work at the planning stage because it is easier to see fault in the design when it is 2d than when I am actually looking at the garment on stand. For example, on this picture I can clearly see that one of the lines is not flowing particularly well so I will need to correct this at the next stage of pattern cutting before I start making a toille to be fitted to the model.
It is far easier to make corrections earlier on in the planning process than once the garment has been half put together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...