Saturday 4 December 2010

Royal Wedding...yay!

A royal wedding is not only a joining of two people in love, it's a national fascination. So Prince William is engaged to be married to Kate Middleton...all I really want to know is what her dress will look like!


I remember watching Prince Charles and Diana on the portable TV in the kitchen with my mum and being awestruck by the enormous dress. At the time I thought it was the ultimate princess creation and I remember drawing it for my Gran where it held pride of place on the kitchen wall.

The dress was designed by Elizabeth and David Emanuel, it had a 25 foot train, was made in silk taffeta and lace, embroidered by hand and was adorned with 10,000 pearls. Awesome.

It was also very much a fashion of it's time! 1980's is written all over it. I hate to use the word meringue, but it is particularly apt for this design, with its huge skirts, neck frill and leg of mutton sleeves.

So what will our Kate go for?


Judging by her publicly displayed fashion sense my guess is that it will be very chic. She has a fantastic figure, and hopefully will take full advantage of it, with the correct nod to propriety sensitive to her future role as Queen. I think it will be understated and grand with very little bling in sight....but whatever she chooses it will set a new trend precedence in the wedding dress industry just like Diana's did at the time.

A royal wedding dress is the ultimate in what a wedding dress should be. Luxurious in every way: hand made, bespoke one-off, made with the finest materials, emotional and exactly expresses the brides personality, hopes and dreams.

I'll be gawping at the telly with everyone else to find out....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...